Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cute Teacup!

Hi everyone!  So there is this cool paint its called enamel paint. You use this awesome paint on ceramics or glass to make things look oober cute!  I love the chevron print so I painted that on mine.  This idea could be used for birthdays or Christmas!  You can basically put whatever you want on the outside to make it personal.

{Supplies}
I got this cute over sized teacup at the thrift store for only $1 and this paint was less than $3 and I barely used any for this! So basically go to town! Paint what your heart desires, I have to warn you though this paint is not supposed to come in contact with food.  With that said only paint the outside and if your drinking out of it make sure all of the paint stays lower than where you would drink from!
My Chevron print..not the greatest, but you get the point!
Your done!  The directions state to either let air dry for 21 days...um no! Or you can stick your item in a cool oven heat to 350 degrees bake for 30 min. then let cool in the oven.  I chose this option..clearly I'm too impatient to wait 21 days! So after your done baking it will look exactly the same its just baked on now! I have a cute new cup to eat my oatmeal out of in the mornings or whatever!
OH..Hand was with soap and water or top rack safe for dishwasher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment