Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ombre Glitter Nails

So I saw this oober cute manicure on Pinterest so I thought I'd try it out! This post is kind of a "twofer" (two for one) deal because I wanted to try out the stick your nails in cold water trick to see if it really worked.

{Supplies}
Nail Polish Remover
Small Brush
Piece of Paper
Glitter (mine was a 4 pack) $2.97
Sally Hansen Clear $1.92
Sally Hansen Color $1.92
Q-Tip
Bowl of Water
  
  

Alright so I start out by filing the tops of my nails a little just so the polish sticks and to also try to prevent chipping.
Sorry may nails aren't the prettiest!


So I like to set up everything on a piece of paper just so when I start putting the glitter on I can have an easy clean up! I also fill the lids with the glitter and nail polish remover.
Start by painting one nail at a time when the nail is sort of tacky still you will need to dip your brush into the glitter then start dabbing it on your nail. (I used one of my make-up brushes you can swirl it in remover and wash it with soap and water when your done) Now concentrate the glitter where you want it to be the darkest because when you put the clear coat on it will drag some glitter down the nail giving you that ombre effect.
Tip: For removing the oopsie polish spots take a Q-Tip and remove almost all the cotton on the ends so there is only a little left and dip it in polish remover.  You can rub this on your skin and get it into those close spaces! If your really picky you can rub with the Q-Tip first then take a toothpick and scrape along where your skin meets the nail.
  After you get your nails the way you want them apply the clear coat.  Wait about one minute then stick your hands in a bowl of ice cold water for about 2 minutes.
So this really does work for drying your nails I was pretty impressed I think it would be great for kids because it's fast.  The post I read about this was that you were able to rub off all your oopsie polish spots after soaking it in the water. I personally didn't think it worked all to well for that, but will definitely use it again for drying! 

And Voila! Glitter ombre nails!


No comments:

Post a Comment